A Better Place

A Better Place

All the times that I made you sad
All the times that I made you mad
Came back to haunt me today
When you said you were going away

I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you

Nothing that I do will repay you
Nothing that I say will be okay
Cos you came and told me
That you can no longer stay

I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you

May you go to a better place
Somewhere where there's no pain
Where beautiful things await
And the angels know your name

There's a better place for you somewhere
A heaven full of love and care
For people who lived their lives believing
That there's some good in everything

And I will wipe away these tears on my face
Cos I know you're in a better place

1 comment:

Ivan Chew said...

Nice. It has this quality--I think from the structure and cadence--that readily makes it like a song. BTW Firdaus, you should consider adopting a Creative Commons license and posting the license on the post. Since you are willing to share your lyrics, you can specify the terms in which you are sharing. I'd be hapy to explain more to you if you're interested.