True Love


True Love

If I I could tell you just one final thing
It's that I've always loved you all this time
Though the words I say now won't mean a thing
Like hoping water would turn into wine

I never make a promise I can't keep
But I'll make an exception for you now
If there are nights where you can't fall asleep
Call me and I'll be there for you somehow

Loving you is bitter sweet
A delicious painful treat
Like wet rain in the sunshine
But it's a feeling divine

If I could go back in time
I'll give myself a few tips
Like how you love lemon lime
And adore potato chips

No vegetables for you
And no cigarrette smoke too
You love everything blue
Like the laces of your shoe

But now you have gone away to a better place
And I'm left here alone with my thoughts and sorrow
I still bear the memories I cannot erase
Heaven knows if there'll be a better tomorrow

So as I continue on this journey of life
I try to be positive and think good thoughts
Hey, at least I survived and I am still alive
Alas, true love is not something which can be bought

No comments: