Dreaming Reality

I think dreams are one of the most mysterious and fascinating things on Earth. What made me think about that was a surreal dream which I had last night.

I dreamed that I was in fact an adopted child and that my parents whom I had taken for granted actually raised me from young out of the goodness of their hearts. But now since I had grown up, they have to return back to their original families (OMG it sounds like they're maids employed from another country, LOL). It was a very intense dream, with me trying to convince them that they should stay on and live their lives with me. And I told them of all the nice memories we had together and that there would be much more nice memories to come in future. It felt very real, and the emotional turmoil which I felt in the dream felt extremely real. You know how sometimes in our dreams we can't exactly control how we act and whatever we do is by pure instinct? That's what happened in mine, the emotional roller-coaster ride.

To cut a long story short, I woke up after getting my parents to promise that they would continue to stay and won't leave me. I felt physically shaken at the intensity of the dream. And just at that moment, my mum walked into my room to get something. I just smiled to myself and prayed that I would be able to be a good son and do good things to make my parents proud of me, because they mean the world to me. =)

No comments: