Nostalgia

It was late at night and I was surfing on Youtube. Suddenly I felt nostalgic and looked up songs which I listened to when I was in primary school (during 1990s, heh..). Wah sey!! Damn nostalgic sia, it felt so good to listen to the songs which I listened a lot to last time, and the sweet feelings and memories of the time came back to me. I mostly listened to Malay songs at the time, and it's so nice to be able to revisit those songs and memories. Bliss, haha.. I shall put down the songs here so that I can visit my blog the next time I become nostalgic again, and won't have to search on Youtube again, heh..

I translated the verses to English, haha.. It's not a word for word translation; I applied some creative license to make it more understandable and in-context. =)

Rahsia Pohon Cemara (The Secret of the Casuarina Tree) by Exists

Berkurun lama ku rahsiakan / For ten years, I have kept secret
Cintaku padamu / My love for you
Hanya kerana kau ratu laksana di singgahsana / Because to me, you're like a princess on a throne

Di tasik ini / At this lake
Di pohon cemara / At the casuarina tree
Yang teguh meninggi / Which is growing tall and sturdy
Bagai harapan ku kepadamu / It symbolizes my hope to you
Sekian lama / For all this time

Akan ku serah cinta abadi / I promise you eternal love
Menyerlah sinar malam sepimu / To brighten your lonely night
Agar menjadi penawar lukamu / To cure your hurt
Warna hatimu / And colour your heart

Akan ku bawa kau mengembara / I will take you on an adventure
Menerokai alam asmara / Discover the world of romance
Mengubu kota cinta kita / And fulfill the promise of our love

Genggam erat janjiku / Hold on tightly to my promise
Sematkan di dalam hatimu / Keep it deep inside your heart
Moga cinta makin mekar / Hopefully this love would continue to blossom
Mengharumkan hidupmu / And make your life more beautiful


Negatif (Negative) by KRU

Lihatlah oh dunia / Hey world, take a look
Cara ku yang berbeza / At my different ways
Bukan niatku menyinggung sesiapa / I don't intend to offend anyone
Seringkali ditanya / Oftentimes I've been asked
Barat atau Timur / East or West?
Yang jadi ikutan dan pilihanku / That I have chosen and followed
Keduanya penting bagiku / Both of them are important to me
Namun yang pasti aku adalah aku / Nonetheless, what is important is that I be myself
Antara citarasa dan budaya / To have to choose between tastes and culture

Mungkin kata-kataku sinis / Maybe my words sound cynical
Tak bererti ku egois / But it doesn't mean I'm egoistic
Mengapa sensitif / Why are you being sensitive?
Yang remeh dipropaganda / You turn small unimportant matters into propaganda
Bagai satu dosa / As if what I'm doing is a sin
Tergamam diamku menggeleng kepala / I feel shocked and just shake my head in disbelief
Walau kau lihat ku begini / Even though you see me being like this
Tak pernah ku lupa agama dan budaya / I have never forgotten my religion and culture
Citarasa kita nyata berbeza-beza / Truly, we all have our own different tastes

Setiap generasi / Every generation
Punya citarasa sendiri / Has their own tastes and preferences
Gaya nan terkini / The latest trend
Irama muda-mudi / The music of the youngsters
Fikir cara terbuka / Be open-minded
Jangan pandang negatif saja / Do not always look at such things as being negative
Inilah masaku / This is my moment
Biarku dengan 'jeans' biruku / Let me be with my blue jeans!

Apa kena mengena / What is the relationship
Gaya dan budi pekerti / Between style and behaviour?
Sesungguhnya ku benci hipokrasi / Truly, I hate hypocrisy
Ku punya personaliti / I have a personality
Identiti tersendiri / My own identity
Mengapakah niatku di salah erti / Why are my intentions being misread?
Ini bukan lagu protes / This is not a protest song
Gunakan mentaliti apa tersirat di sini / Use your brain and think of the message I'm trying to tell you
Yang penting kita sama-sama menghormati / The important thing is that we have respect for each other

Antara citarasa dan budaya / To have to choose between tastes and culture
Citarasa kita nyata berbeza-beza / Truly, we all have our own different tastes
Yang penting kita sama-sama menghormati / The important thing is that we have respect for each other




Untukmu (For You) by Feminin / KRU

Angin bayu membawa diriku / My thoughts drift together with the gentle breeze
Sepintas lalu ku terkenangkanmu / For a moment, I thought about you
Memori silam meresap malam / The old memories creep into the night
Kenangan bersama tersimpan selamanya / Memories of us together are forever remembered

Walaupun kau pergi / Even though you have gone
Jauh dari diri ini / Far away from me
Cintaku masih bersemadi di hati / My love for you is still deep in my heart
Keyakinan kitakan kembali / Our faith in each other will return
Menghidupkan semula / To bring into life
Janji bara cinta / The flames of love

Kita bersama mengejar mimpi / Both of us are chasing our dreams
Terpisah sementara ku pasti / We're separated for a while, but I'm certain
Suatu hari nanti / That one day
Cinta kita bersemi / Our love will blossom
Kembali menerangi / Returning to shine
Mekar di taman hati / Thriving in the garden of hearts
Walaupun jauh pandangan mata / Even though we're far away from each other
Ku yakin kau kan tetap setia / I am certain that you're faithful
Begitulah ku jua / And so am I
Keikhlasan dijiwa / My soul is sincere
Dan cintaku hanyalah / And my love is just
Untukmu / For you

Saban hari diri ku menunggu / As the days go by I am waiting
Khabar berita darimu di sana / For news of you over there
Gerimis senja kembali reda / The evening rain has subsided
Kerinduan di jiwa / My heart which misses you
Kau jadi penawar / Can only be cured by you

Rinduku padamu / How badly I miss you
Tak dapat ku terkata / Cannot be expressed in words
Setiap saat waktu / Every moment in time
Bagaikan terlalu lama / Feels like it's too long
Bila kita kembali bersama / When we finally reunite and come together
Hiduplah semula / It will bring alive again
Janji bara cinta / The flames of love

Yeah... mimpi yang dikejar / The dreams that we have been chasing
Telah pun menjadi nyata / Have become reality
Teristimewa untuk anda semua / Specially for all of you
Untukmu / For you

No comments: